Monday, May 19, 2008

Ups and Downs

As this adoption process goes on I think that I have felt pretty much every emotion possible. I came across a blog entry through my blog friend Melodie's blog and it is so beautifully written and it explains so much of how I have been feeling. Since I have discovered that writing is not a gift of mine I will let you read her entry here. I have felt most of these emotions already and it is good to know what is to come.

As for the adoption process itself our homestudy is at Adoption Alliance to be reviewed and approved and that should take 1-2 weeks. Once it is back then we will send off our I-600A and await our anticipated fingerprinting appointment. While we are waiting on all of that we are still working on our dossier so that when our fingerprints are done we will be ready to send our paperwork to Ethiopia. If wait times are right then we should have our dossier off by July or August. I am hoping for July but preparing for August.

3 comments:

HollyMarie said...

I'll pray for July for you! :)

Melodie Monberg said...

Wouldn't it be crazy if we ended up in Ethiopia at the same time? We are waiting on our agency so we can get those darn prints done too...the waiting game is tough but hey...we will have a BIG reward at the end....and we really need to get together...email me and let's get a date on the calendar now that summer is here!

C said...

I am praying for June!! AND then July would be next!!